Problem: The Cable Modem Isn't Working
Your cable modem should operate continuously without maintenance. You can leave the power to the modem on even when your computer is off. If your cable modem isn't working, try these troubleshooting measures:
1. Check your cable TV service. If there's a cable outage, neither your TV nor the Internet connection will work.
2. Check all of your cable connections. If your coaxial, Ethernet, or USB connections are loose, you may not be able to send or receive data.
3. Reset the modem by unplugging the power to the modem.Wait 30 seconds, plug it back in. If you have a router, unplug the router, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in.
4. Make sure the modem is not in standby which is indicated by an LED on the modem. There maybe a standby button that has been activated which will cause the modem to lose connectivity.
5. Reboot your computer. Many computer problems are resolved by shutting down and restarting your computer.
6. If you have a surge protector, make sure it is plugged in and that it doesn’t need to be reset.
Problem: I Cannot Login to my Home Page
Make sure you check another website to ensure an Internet connection is available. Make sure your username and password have not expired and you are using the correct characters.
Problem: I've Forgotten my Password
If you are trying to login to the Home Page and you've forgotten your email password, click on FORGOT PASSWORD in the login box and follow the instructions. Please ensure that an alternate email address is set up in your mailbox under "Options". Your current password will be emailed to you. If you cannot currently access email, contact Atlantic Broadband Customer Care for assistance.